Main Purpose of the Role:
This role will be required to generate commission revenue for the Company. The role holder must use all reasonable endeavours to create liquidity by obtaining dealing prices and interests from clients, for the desk. This role will also be expected to create new business as well as developing and enhancing existing client relationships. The role holder will operate at all times in accordance with FCA and other relevant regulatory requirements and be fully aware of and act in accordance with relevant desk procedures and compliance and other policies and procedures.
- Broking Turkish Interest Rates in accordance with established market practice and in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Gaining a full understanding and working within internal compliance and other policies and procedures, including specific desk procedures. Maintaining this knowledge as policies and procedures evolve.
- Complete all assigned training and policy attestations in a timely manner.
- Calculating dealing prices in accordance with the Company’s pricing policy.
- Recording all brokerage deals in accordance with the Company’s settlements and Operations requirements.
- Raising the profile of the desk.
- Maintain fitness and propriety to become and/or continue to be an approved person with the FCA’s approved persons regime, if required.
- Attend and contribute in all team meetings as required by the desk head or other manager.
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
Key contacts/working relationships
- Liaising with clients, traders and financial institutions in London and the rest of Europe or globally as required.
- Securing business through and improving relationships with existing contacts.
- Developing relationships with new clients in the financial markets, thus increasing the Company’s client base.
- Contribute to brokerage agreement negotiations as required.
- Entertaining and making personal contacts with existing and potential customers.
Key outputs and key performance indicators
- Generate at least the minimum amount of revenue as set out in the individual employment contract.
- Attesting to and demonstrating sound understanding of all regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Actively contribute to the work of the desk, being a team player and ensuring the Company’s needs are at the forefront of all activities undertaken on the desk.
Skills / experience required:
- A high level of product and market knowledge in order to provide a professional and profitable service to the Company’s clients
- Computer literacy, with extensive knowledge of market data systems
- Firm understanding of compliance regulations and FCA requirements, including specific understanding of market practice and compliance regulations in relation to Turkish Interest Rates
- Ability to identify client needs
- Ability to attract, entertain and do business with new and existing clients
- Demonstrable mathematical knowledge and
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent negotiation skills, able to influence others to achieve a successful outcome
- Clear and confident verbal and written skills
- Works well with others, establishing positive working relationships
- Takes opportunities to lead and mentor others
- Focuses on the team’s goals
- Shows respect and support for others
Planning and Organising
- Works well towards deadlines
- Result Oriented
Personal Drive, motivation and work ethic
- Performs well under pressure
- Personal and professional integrity
- Professional credibility
- Confident and personable
- Strong attention to detail
Applications for this role open on November 20th 2017
Applications for this role close on December 19th 2017
Salary level: Competitive
BGC Partners is an equal opportunities employer
Please send all applications to email@example.com