The role of the DCM engineer is to provide IT design and support for all businesses internally within the US, EMEA, South America for data centers and offices. This involves reacting to MACS (Moves, Adds,& Changes) new office builds, new and old network, voice, WINTEL, UNIX, SAN and market data equipment to be installed within the SER or CER Rooms.
In addition the DCM engineer is required to monitor Rack NET & Castle Rock from 07:00am – 5:00pm
Most importantly maintaining and updating of ITRACS Data Center Management Software, which training will be given.
- Cabling support for all new patching and connectivity requests
- Installation of new hardware in cabinets within the data center
- Allocation of cabinet space within the data center
- Cabling infrastructure faults/raising new QSM requests
- Cabling support for all office moves
- Providing technical support for trading/non-trading environment
- Planning and implementation of data center server moves
- Installation of cabling from the Telco cabinets to the relevant hardware cabinets
- High level due diligence on potential new office/BCM sites
- Attendance of Project team meetings/preparation of detailed minutes
- Attendance of management meetings, providing technical support and documentation
- Overseeing of all new cabling infrastructure installations within the data center and new offices
- Organization for the delivery of materials to site/documentation
- Arranging security clearance/access for site visits, for visitors and third party vendors
- Liaising with data center/cabling infrastructure third party vendors
- Monitoring of SNMP Management Console of all EMEA and Asia data center sites
- Administration of the iTRACS Data Base, which enables us to accurately monitor all hardware and connectivity within the data centers and offices within the EMEA and Asia. There is currently an on-going project to audit/re-patch/label all cabling within the SER’s / CER’S at Bank Street and 1 Churchill Place and update on ITRACS
- Build room management/storage allocation
- Data center management & SOX controls: controls must exist and be documented for the following key areas; physical security principals & policy, access management controls; including, requesting and granting access, revoking access, and reviewing access
- Administrators for the ITIG Corporate response plan
- 1st line response for incidents pertaining to Canary Wharf Management, i.e. chiller/local power issues.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Terminating of both copper & fibre patch panels
- Planning and organization skills
- Understanding of basic Microsoft Suite applications
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills (face to face, email & telephone)
- Good time management and prioritizing skills
Systems and Applications Used:
- Systems: Castle Rock, Geist Rack Net, Avocent Terminal Servers.
- Applications: Microsoft Suite, AUTOCAD, iTRACS, Geist RACKNET, CastleRock (snmpc), Dameware
MS Project, iTRACS.
Please send resumes to email@example.com