This position will perform operational maintenance and troubleshooting of BGC’s Messaging platforms, including but not limited to Exchange 2010/2013, Cisco IronPort, Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Lync/Skype for Business, and message flow monitoring tools such as Mailscape. Candidate should be capable of architecting and implementing best practices for all products with a view on performance, scalability, and resilience, to handle message flow across multiple forests and domains.
Strong skills (with demonstrated examples) in Exchange migrations between AD forests as part of M&A work are required. Experience with Dell/Quest Migration Manager is also a must. Experience migrating to Office 365 and implementing/operating a hybrid environment is desirable.
In addition, you will be required to work as part of a global Wintel team supporting core applications such as a multi-forest, multi-domain AD environment, VMWare/Hyper-V, SCCM and core Windows applications. Candidate provides escalation support for the desktop team and interfaces with other Infrastructure departments.
Essential Experience & Responsibilities:
- 10 years of hands-on experience of managing Microsoft Exchange in a high pressure environment across multiple regions and multiple entities.
- Complete understanding of mail flow across APAC, AMER and EMEA from Ironport to Hub Transports, to Edge Servers to Office 365 and every combination in-between.
- Ability to track messages throughout the enterprise and identify mail flow issues.
- Excellent PowerShell skills to manage all functions of Exchange from the command line.
- Ability to create custom PowerShell scripts to change attributes across the enterprise and to retrieve information for reporting.
- Expert in DAG operation and design, especially in regards to Datacenter activation and failover.
- Excellent knowledge in maintaining the operational stability of Exchange, patching/maintaining the environment, scheduling maintenance, and reporting on performance.
- Can show detailed knowledge of Mail Relays and the different scenarios how/where these would be used.
- Solid experience of Exchange integration with Archive and Journal platforms such as Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Understanding of Lync/Skype for Business topology design and able to architect/troubleshoot multiple environments across the organization.
- Eligibility for placement will be evaluated on an individual basis according to experience and educational background. The requirement for professional experience is defined as post-degree, exempt/professional, job-related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, in addition to professional experience prepares the employee for the assignment.
Please send resumes to email@example.com